[Harp-L] Re: Quality Stage Amps for Non-Blues Harmonica?

Joel,

A friend of mine has an AER and I've played through it. Nice, very clean amp for an acoustic type of sound. Responsive, has a decent range of tone, and is harmonica friendly if you adjust it correctly.

I found that i got a better sound (for harp) using a lo-z mic through a transformer into the 1/4" input of the amp than i did going into the XLR input. (Btw, this has also been my experience with other acoustic guitar amps I've tried that have both 1/4' and XLR inputs).

I think Richard Hunter put up a post about a live performance he saw where Lee Oskar was playing through an AER .

Good, high quality amp for your purposes.

JP