Re: [Harp-L] Miles Davis changing All Blues Meloday

 Miles could change the melody effectively because he understood the melody, the changes and how they relate to each other. Mickey changed the melody in a way that suggests that he really didn't "get it" to begin with, or was choosing to play it as "All Blues Lite".

btw, it was not a criticism, but an observation - in my original posting.

---I agree that Miles' commitment to improvisation is an example to us all, but

I think this thread began when you criticized Mickey Raphael for changing the

melody.