RE: [Harp-L] Miles Davis changing All Blues Meloday

Iceman wrote:
> He didn't play the melody exactly the same night after night, as was first recorded. "cut and paste" would be someone live playing it just like the record over and over. Check out some of the releases of Miles recorded many nights in a row, in which the sets were mostly the same songs (ex - The Complete Live at the Plugged Nickel).
---I agree that Miles' commitment to improvisation is an example to us all, but I think this thread began when you criticized Mickey Raphael for changing the melody.

WVa Bob

P.S. I also agree with what several other folks said: Raphael's diatonic work on this tune wasn't much...I do have a world of respect for him as a player, though!

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/171222984/direct/01/