[Harp-L] Richard Hunter RP350 patch set update

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that the latest version of my patch set for the Fireball V mics and the Digitech RP350 multi-effects device has entered beta testing with selected testers.  This set in its current form includes:

1)  45 completely new patches, representing 6 blues amp models and 3 "clean" amp models times 5 patches each.  Each patch is provided in low and high gain versions, and the user can toggle between them instantly using the 350's A-B footswitch.  Each set of 5 patches includes a "basic" version with only delay and/or reverb, plus 4 variations with effects that include octave and double octave down, vibrato or tremolo, rotary, and modulation (phase, flange, or chorus).  I have taken great care to emphasize the particular character of each amp model, and users are sure to find that this set truly represents a "roomful of amps in a box."
2)  A dozen "best of" patches from my previous sets, including a couple of patches that are pretty exotic.
3)  A dozen patches with effects and EQ only (no amp modeling), for those users who want to take advantage of the RP350's effects with their favorite harp amp.

This set is designed for ease of use as well as sound quality.  Because each amp model is set up with similar effects in similar order, it should take no time at all for most users to figure out how to navigate the entire patch set.  Once you've found the right amp model for a tune, you can easily switch between different effects for that amp model, retaining the basic sound of the amp while adding "flavors" as needed.  The addition of effects-only patches means you can use the RP with and without your favorite harp amp for great reverb, delay, and other effects.

Current owners of a license for the patch set will get this set for free when it ships in a couple of weeks.  The set will ship in both PC and Apple Macintosh versions, so Mac users can now do bulk uploads to their RP, just like PC users.  Prospective buyers should contact me offlist at turtlehill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As per my previous comments, the next step is to create a version of this set for RP250 users.  That set will be different in a number of ways--to mention the obvious first, the RP250 does not contain all the cool amp, cabinet, and effects models in the RP350, so some stuff that's in the RP350 patch set won't be in the RP250 set at all.  But the overall organization and content will be very similar.

After that, I'll create RP350 and RP250 versions for the Shure 545 SD mic, which will also be very useful for owners of Shure SM57s, SM58s, and similar stick-type dynamic vocal mics.  Note that the Fireball set sounds very good with lots of mics besides the Fireball, and people who own a couple of mics shouldn't be afraid to try them all.  (Neither the mics nor the player will explode.)

I have done my best to make the new set a one-stop solution for players who want a single device that they can easily transport and set up to get a huge variety of great sounds on any gig, whether they play through the PA or through their favorite harp amp.  I am absolutely certain that this is my best-sounding set to date.   Stay tuned for the official release.

Thanks and regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter