Re: [Harp-L] miles/Kind of blue

I've heard it and he can really play.

--- On Sat, 9/12/09, fjm <bad_hat@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: fjm <bad_hat@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] miles/Kind of blue
To: "h-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Saturday, September 12, 2009, 11:53 AM

Ken M writes:
> The coolest jazz diatonic (played like a muted trumet) that ~I've~ ever heard came from an obscure recording called "The Deb" by harpist Magic Dave Therault. It can be found somewhere in the annals of the old Harp-L compilation recordings. MAN, that was good!
I'd agree but add to the list of really well played Jazz on harmonica that Les Thompson clip that was being talked about recently.  The 2 songs exploit the strengths of the instrument.  Harmonica doing what it does well.  Garry had hosted that version of The Deb, is it still out there Garry?  If yes what's the url?  Thanks, fjm