[Harp-L] Jane Gillman and Cajun Harp

Sorry--and thanks to Winslow for catching it,

The link I put in my earlier post for Jane Gillman's octave harmonica work
was not for the song I had in mind. Unfortunately, the computer I posted
from is heavily guarded and I couldn't listen to the track before I sent the
info. I am often reminded not to rely on my obviously eroded memory--but I
haven't learned yet. Anyway, I went home and listened to the CD's I have and
did a little web searching.

The song I had in mind was actually from her work with the band *Rue La-La*.
Check out track 11,  *"Two-Step de Platin"*

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/ruelala

Track 2, *" **'Tit Galop"* is also worth a listen.

This sounds like an octave-tuned harmonica to me. I don't really hear double
tongue-blocking, but then I do remember reading this interview of her years
ago where she said she used that technique--hmmmnn. More faulty memory,
maybe.

Eric