[Harp-L] Re: Blues Is Tone

Guess... that... pretty... much... settles it, eh?

I had a conversation with a well-known player I did a show with a few years back who admitted (won't tell you who he is...) that for the first few years of his career, he was known for his TONE. And that's pretty much all he knew. But he knew it well, and was known for it. People dug it, they wanted it, and it alone spoke volumes within the musical context. Only after those first few years did he determine to commit to learning and understanding his musical instrument more intimately.

But tone carried him for many years. Now that he has some chops, he's a killa...

Ray.
--
My Music – www.resgraphics.com/music
My YouTube – www.youtube.com/raybee127