Re: [Harp-L] Seydel backing tracks

John,

I am using Windows XP and Internet Explorer--not sure how other web browsers and operating systems would work, but this is what I did...

The Seydel webpage is using Adobe Flash Player, and I can not find "direct" way to download the files, and my Internet Explorer will not play an MP3 file directly... and you can't do a right-click and "save target as" either.  So this is what I did...

When I click on a song, a new Internet Explorer opens with the link address showing the MP3 file (but the song does not play).  The MP3 file is actually downloaded and should be in your "Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files" folder contained in your C:\Documents and Settings\ folder (it may be within one of the "user" folders).

There may be a bunch of cookies, crap, and recycled-beer in that temporary folder, so you have to look for the MP3 file(s). I just did a windows file explorer search for "*.mp3" in the "Temporary Internet Files" folder.

Once you have a list of these MP3 files, you can copy each file over to wherever you want to store these files, either permanently or temporarily until you add them to your iTunes library.  I had to copy each file separately... for some reason you can not copy multiple files at the same time.

Hope this helps !

Ken H in OH