[Harp-L] AXL Amps and Thunderharp Mics

Hi all,

My local Daddy's Junky has an amp I hadn't heard of before, an AXL Akita 40
watt tube amp.  Spec wise, it looks pretty good for the money, with 2x12,
all tube except for a SS rectifier and spring reverb.  Nice wood veneer
cabinet.  I've found very little info on these amps on the guitar forums,
but they're supposed to have a good clean channel, which is what I would
expect to use for harp.  Anyone heard of these, tried one, etc.?  I haven't
gotten to the store to check it out yet.  The schematic is available on the
AXL website, but I have no idea what the circuit design is like.  I'm
finding my stage volume needs a boost and I'm looking for alternatives to
the usual suspects.  I don't really want to go through the PA or mic/line
out my amp.

Also, I tried to reach Steve at Thunderharp Mics yesterday to ask how he
transplants an element from a Shure 545 to a bullet shell.  The email
bounced.  Anyone know how to reach him, or are you still reading Harp-L,
Steve?

Thanks!

Josh