[Harp-L] Hello Harmonicists

Hi all,

First of all thanks to everyone for what is an excellent resource and
source of information on the harmonica.

Secondly, I would like to ask for a bit of help on a specific subject
relating to harmonicas. I am doing a music technology course at
university in the UK, and have chosen the harmonica to study for an
exam. I have done a fair bit of research on-line, and many searches of
this archive, but I am having trouble with one particular aspect.

I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am looking for information about the frequency analysis of notes
produced by the harmonica, like fundamental frequency, and how the
frequency "spikes" of the analysis are related i.e. are there any
rules or formulae describing these phenomena. So far I have analysed
the notes on a Honer Cross Harp in A, drawn up a few tables etc. but
at the moment it is more wiggly lines than academic success.

I understand that to get a coherent answer I will have to ask my
question a bit better, but at the moment this is the best I can do,
sorry. Apologies if my question is a bit out of place or not in
harmony with protocols of the list, but any pointers in the right
direction would be much appreciated,

Newbie member,

Nick