[Harp-L] Re: An Amazing Performance

I want to note that it is well known amongst guitarists that a great amp can
make a poor guitar sound fabulous, while a great guitar will never make a
bad amp sound good. If you purchase any of the books that detail amp design
and repair (Weber et al) you will read that comment repeatedly. In this
book, for excample:

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Amplifier-Handbook-Understanding-Amplifiers/dp/087930863X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1252105404&sr=1-1

There's a great section of interviews with boutique amp and speaker guys.
The story is the same: the amplifier is a HUGE part of your sound. It's not
the whole picture, but if you neglect the amplification it's as bad as not
practicing your playing technique.

Don't get the wrong impression about guys like Ray Beltran and me,
Elizabeth. We don't merely obsess about amps. We obsess about embouchure,
phrasing, hand techniques, breathing, microphones AND amps.

:)