[Harp-L] An Amazing Performance

IMHO, whatever each of our personal feelings are towards ability, gear and thier symbiosis or lack therof, it remains just that, our personal feelings. I did not see one bit of malice in Rick's observation of both player and gear, only a sincere admiration of ability, astonishment in the quality of the gear and specifically that the playing of this individual was of contest winning caliber with said gear.

I cant say the same for the rant posted as a response.

While ability is certainly always the most important factor, I, for one, found it very interesting that a great player can win a competition with what us "gearheads" would consider an inferior piece of equipment. I also believe a very large segment of this list are also of the same mind. When you consider that some our most high-profile member's livelyhood is directly attributed to the mentality that gear is an integral part of amplified harmonica playing, I believe it to be a valid and informative posting related to our instrument of choice.

I do not know Rick however I frequently access his blog and find the information posted there quite informative as well as entertaining. I do believe him to be a very generous person for sharing his knowledge, talent and personal observations towards gear and other players, (at his own expense mind you), another solid resource of harp and amplified harp playing. I thank him for it! I have also never seen him post a negative comment towards another player or how they approach thier craft whether it be acoustically or electronically.

I can't say the same for the rant posted as a response.