[Harp-L] Suzuki Manji, distribution, prices, preferences, etc.

I special order my Suzuki Hammonds and other Suzuki harmonicas from Harmonicas and Stuff and they’ve always given me good prices and have been very cool to deal with.

For the last 2 or 3 years I’ve been playing higher end Suzukis pretty much exclusively. They are very responsive and durable harps, and I am extremely happy with my performing set of Hammonds Haven’t tried the Maji yet, but contrary to Mr. Peloquin’s suggestion, there are several reasons why some players may still wish to buy other Suzuki models besides the Manji. Here are 7 I can think of off the top of my head:

!. Preference for full length covers.
2. Preference for unvented covers.
3. Preference for painted covers
4. Preference for plastic comb.
5. Preference for metal comb.
6. Preference for Equal Temperament (not sure, but I’ve heard that the Manji is a compromise tuning.)
7. Love my Hammonds.

Suzukis are the best out of the box harmonicas I’ve ever played, plus I strongly prefer their ET tuning for my style of play. Perhaps as Suzuki increases its market share vendors will be able to offer deeper discounts. But I certainly feel that I get excellent value from my Suzukis for what I spend. IMHO, you get what you pay for.

FWIW.

JP