[Harp-L] newbie questions

Hi,

I'm just starting and I've been lurking for a few weeks, since shortly
before SPAH.  I'm currently learning to get a good solid single note, and
I'm thinking I'm about ready to start learning to bend.  I've gotten a
Danelectro Honeytone to play around with, and I'm planning to get a Bottle O
Blues to use with it.  I'm adding items monthly (blasted budgets.)and I am
intrigued by the comments I've read about the Danelectro echo pedal for
around $15.  I'm thinking of buying one, and I wondered if any of the other
$15 fab pedals would be useful for harp playing?  (what the heck does a
"flange" do to the sound???)  Since I am a beginner, and don't have any
intentions to be more than a "hobbyist" a nice vintage tube amp and deluxe
setup is out of the question.  I'm just looking to play and have fun.

Also, does anyone know of a harmonica club or teacher in the southeast
Nebraska (Lincoln) area?

Thanks,

Bruce Ritter

And thanks for the list and all I've learned so far.

Bruce K Ritter

Numbers 6:24-26  24The Lord bless you and keep you; 25 the Lord make his
face to shine upon you and be gracious to you; 26the Lord lift up his
countenance upon you and give you peace.  ESV