[Harp-L] RE: Marine Band

I'm a relatively new player, started with some very inexpensive harps and have been replacing them with better ones as I find a need for them in my band.  I went to the store looking for a Special 20 in D, as I had already purchased one in A and was pleased with it.  I had a gig that night and unfortunately, I couldn't find a Special 20.  The last store I went to had Marine Bands on sale and, even though I wasn't really interested in wood combs because of cleaning/maintenance, I was short on time.  I found immediately that I do not like it at all.  As some others have said, the edges are sharp and uncomfortable on the lips.  I also learned that the middle blow notes choke VERY easily.  I can tell you, that's the last MB I'll buy.

Scott

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me