[Harp-L] RE: Manji

I just took a look at the new Manji pics. I was considering buying one--just for kicks--until I noticed that it is the "standard" railroad trackdesign with the protruding reedplate edges. Sorry, that's a deal breaker(for ME); I do NOT like sliding my mouth down two rails, "ridin' theblinds." So, sorry about that, but I won't be buying one.

Now if Suzuki can make one with recessed reedplates AND with optionalalternate tuning (i.e., Circular Tuning), then I'll definitely try them!

But then, I'm just a nobody so I'm not holding my breath in eageranticipation that any manufacturer other than Seydel will come out witha Harp Configurator to allow the CUSTOMER to decide how he wants hisharps tuned. It's amazing that companies can see the value in automating(computerizing) the manufacturing but are oblivious to the availabletechnology for customizing the CUSTOMER experience. It's even moreamazing when considering the cost: I guarantee that automation on thefactory floor is many, many times the cost of automating the CUSTOMER'Srequests. And lest anyone wonder, it IS possible to connect the two areasdirectly, untouched by human hands. (This is NOT wishful thinking on my part: I'm a retired software engineer.)

Not an endorser or endorsee, just a satisfied customer,
Crazy (about Seydel Circular Tuned harps with no rails) Bob