Re: [Harp-L] Embouchure terminology

Hmmm...that's a new one on me. What websites are you referring to?

In a message dated 10/31/09 16:47:35 Eastern Daylight Time, hvyj@xxxxxxx writes:
I see that some harmonica websites are referring to the embouchure
where the player tilts the holes of the harp downward as "lip
blocking" as distinct from "lip pursing"  which are both, of course,
different from "tongue blocking."  I never really looked at it that
way before, but this may be a useful distinction since the tilted
embouchure and non tilted embouchure are actually different from one
another as well as being different from tongue blocking. Terminology
evolves....

FWIW.

JP