[Harp-L] re: Musicmaster Bass Amp

Here's mine -  http://tinyurl.com/y88pjrc

They go for abt $200 around here. I wanted to hotrod it, but settled for the following minor changes. Open-back pine cabinet with four 8" Jensens from the 60's; tubes are now Tungsol 12AX7 and 2 GrooveTubes 6V6; added a rear-panel fuse.

The new cab is only a half-inch larger than the orginal, with a slanted front baffle. It's great for guitar (shown) and harp, and I almost always mic it to the PA with an SM57. Tubes and speaker are the keys to unlocking the MMB.

--- Mike Fugazzi wrote:
Looking for more info on this amp for harp. .... I was offered a very good deal on the 6v6 version with the choice of a stock or Mojotone 12" speaker.

Domains as low as $1.95 @ http://www.iDotz.Net