Re: [Harp-L] tuning/temperaments

 <<<<<-----Original Message-----

From: Jonathan Ross <jross38@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Iceman writes:

"when creating all 12 notes through that cycle of upward 5ths and inverted

intervals of downward 4ths, these perfect intervals were SQUEEZED smaller by 2

cents each - perfect 5ths were contracted by 2 cents and perfect fourths, being

inversions, were expanded by 2 cents each. The result was that your ending note

now matched perfectly your starting one. The intervals used became PERFECT

IMPERFECT intervals.

******responds Jonathan
 .  Calling the intervals in 12TET "perfectly imperfect" is a nice bit of propaganda, but what they really are is uniform.*******

I dunno. That "nice bit of propaganda" feels like a weird comment. Guess it's just your opinion or something. Perfect Imperfect intervals is how this aspect of temperament is considered, labeled and discussed when learning the fine art of piano tuning. I didn't make up the terminology.