Re: [Harp-L] Wanted = A New Amp

The "ringing" you hear may be due to the nature of EL84 power tubes in these amps.
They are strong in the midrange.
You may want to try an amp with 6L6 power tubes instead, which tend to be more bassy.

<Howdy. This is not a "troll" question even though it sounds a bit like one. I have been
playing through a Fender Blues Jr. for about 8 years. I've made the Weber speaker
upgrade; I've made the tube swap; I've replaced the reverb unit. And now, well, I'm a bit
bored with this amp. I have been getting a bit of a "ringing" sound when playing with it.>