Re: [Harp-L] Paying the pipers

Hey Mike....
   The band I was playing in spent 3 months (usually one night a week) putting together a CD of all original songs. The songs were all written by the guitar player/singer and it was his project. Since I play in his band, I donated my time.  Of course, this was self-serving because I wanted the experience of recording myself in that kind of situation.  Plus, we are friends and the guy who did the recording work is also a friend, although our band leader did pay him for his time.
I have played on a couple of other self-recorded songs for friends and have yet to be paid any money.
If I were to record a CD of just me playing.. or a harp-heavy CD featuring me... Nahh.. I don't think I'd even want to hear that.   But I bet yours will sound great. If I were you, I'd start working on it now, even if just practice and deciding what you want to do.
FWIW... a few songs of ours can be  heard on Myspace.com/wspudmusic