[Harp-L] Re: What other instruments (did) you play?

Hello, Multi-instrumentalists.

Today, I play all harmonica types except the Hohner Harmonetta. I also play
 percussion, my major instruments in college.

I studied music education in college. Part of the degree requirement was
that the student would learn to play all the instruments of a symphony
orchestra, studying the instruments for either one semester or two semesters,
depending on the importance in the sysmphony:

Woodwinds: Bb clarinet, 2 semesters; flute, 1 semester; oboe and basson, 1
semester each; Bb saxophone (optional), 1 semester.

Brasses: Bb trumpet, 2 semesters; french horn, 1 semester; trombone, 1
semester; tuba and low brasses, 1 semester .

Strings: violin, 2 semesters, viola, cello, upright bass, 1 semester  each.

Percussion (major instrument, 6 semesters). I also studied piano, 4
semesters; and harp (optional), 1 semester.

I haven't used the non-percussion instruments since college, and have
forgotten all of the brass and woodwinds and string instruments.

John Broecker