Re: [Harp-L] What other instruments do you play?

Tony Eyers asks:
Howard Levy and Charlie McCoy are known for doubling on other instruments (piano and everything, respectively). Tom Ball is a fine guitar player, others on the list double on sax. There are many fine singers amongst us as well.

I've got an unusual one - I double on baroque recorder. For those interested, one of my recent concerts is at

http://www.harmonicatunes.com/concert

Anyone else double on unusual instruments?
I "rattle" rhythm bones. Some are made from wood, but my favorite ones I made myself from Sun-bleach (old) Ox ribs. I mostly use one hand, but when I really want to make a racket, I use both hands. On occasion I play harp with one hand and rattle with the other. Something you don't see every day.

I also play jaw harps (the good ones tuned to specific keys). Not so unusual but I also love to whistle any time, any place. Sometimes it gets me in trouble... :-D

Love that old-time music and associated instruments! (Of course diatonic harmonicas are definitely my "first" choice.)

Michelle