From: Vern Smith <jevern@xxxxxxx>
To: David Payne <dmatthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wed, October 21, 2009 7:07:52 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] New synthetic comb phasing in for Seydel Chromatic DeLuxe

Seydel is to be applauded for offering their Chromatic Deluxe with a plastic comb.  Getting rid of unstable wood and abominable nails is a great step forward.  Offering stainless steel reeds in a reasonably priced upscale Saxony harp is also very progressive.  There is no longer any valid reason to buy a wooden-combed harmonica. Seydel is giving Hohner some serious competition in the 12-hole straight-tuned products.  We the players are the beneficiaries.

Vern

----- Original Message ----- From: "David Payne" <dmatthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>