[Harp-L] SocorroFest 2009 Harmonica Contest finalists on YouTube!

I want to thank everyone who gave advice & suggestions & more in support of the SocorroFest 2009 Harmonica Contest. People in town are still talking about it!

Thank you especially to Joe Mancuso, who spread the word, rounded up judges, put on a great workshop afterwards and was there in every possible sense of the word, helping to make it happen. Couldn't have done it without you, Joe!

The winner was Alex Wolfe from Santa Fe, who walked away with a cool $250 - not bad for 5 minutes work!

Second place went to Mark Hardage from Conchas, NM - after you watch the video you're definitely going to want to catch him at the Santa Fe Brewery on Wednesday nights - he's absolutely brilliant.

Third place went to "Harmonica Mike" Handler, also from Santa Fe - the man is totally shameless, will play the harmonica at the drop of a hat - any time, anywhere, any how. He played on every one of SocorroFest's four stages, multiple times.  We had to give him $100 just to go home.

All of our finalists were great, and we can't thank them enough for showing up and showing us their stuff.

I'm super excited right now, because we just got clips of the finalists
up on YouTube. Here are the links, in no particular order:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_M6gPkEwsA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Alay5Retug

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5sOrZtHX7U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJVvvR8Nifk