[Harp-L] impedance transformers again

Paul.

I just realized that I answered a different question than the one you asked. You asked about Hi z>Lo z transformers. I don't think I've ever seen one of those in a rat tail design. But, you can use a direct box instead. Rolls makes one called the Matchbox, that's small, relatively inexpensive, and easy too carry around. Plug the 1/4" end of the hi z mic cord into it, then use an XLR cord to make the run from the direct box to the board. The advantage this has over using a transformer is that the longer cable running to the board is lo z which would have no signal degradation due to length.

JP