[Harp-L] New release of Richard Hunter's RP250/350 patch set coming within 2 weeks

Hi all,

I'm putting the finishing touches now on release 12 of my patch sets for the Digitech RP250/350.  This version includes:

1)  Matched EQ for the RP250 and RP350 patch sets.  This turned out to be more of a project than I thought, because the RP250 doesn't include the same control over high frequencies as the RP350, and there's no automated way to convert RP350 patches to RP250 patches (though you can automate the conversion in the other direction).  More about that later.  In any case, the RP250 patches sound very much the same as the RP350 patches, which is to say, very nice.

2)  General enhancements to overall sound, including tuneups on the effects to make them even more individual, patch to patch.

This release, as per previous versions, is FREE to all reigstered users, i.e. anyone who's already purchased a set.

Going forward, I am implementing a change in the terms for new buyers ONLY. Effective Nov. 1 2009, new licensees will NOT be offered a combined patchset for both the RP250 and RP350, but will be required to purchase licenses to the patches for each device separately.  I will offer discounted pricing for buyers who want patch sets for both devices, or who want to upgrade (or downgrade) from one to the other.  I repeat that this does NOT apply to current owners, for whom patch sets for both devices will continue to be provided in each update.

In other words, this change will have no effect on anyone who purchases a license prior to Nov. 1 2009.  And in practical terms, it's probably not going to affect a lot of people, since most people don't buy both devices.

I've found it necessary to take this step because the differences in EQ, amp models, and effects for the RP250 make it impractical to treat it as the same as the RP350.  It's not, and it takes time to make the patches in the 250 sound as good as the ones in the 350.  I need to charge for that time.

I get a lot of email from licensees telling me how much fun they're having at home and on the gig with my patchsets, and it gives me a lot of satisfaction to know that my sounds are helping harp players express some great music.  So THANKS to all current and prospective licensees for their support!

Regards, Richard HUnter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter