From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Garry Hodgson
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 8:23 AM
To: Blunt White
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Wireless set up - need recommendation

Blunt White wrote:
> Appreciate your advice on a good xlr set up.

if you don't mind using an adapter and a wire, the line6 digital unit
seems pretty cool.  but for compactness, the samson airline 77 is hard
to beat.  the transmitter is about the size of a cigarette lighter, and
your xlr mic plugs right into it.  the whole thing is small and light.
i use mine with an audix fireball, which is pretty compact to begin with.
it's a really sweet combination.

the 77 comes with transmitter, receiver, and a microphone which seems
pretty nice, but is a bit heavy for my taste.  still, it's an extra mic
you can
use for other things, and the combination is cheaper than buying the parts
separately.