Re: [Harp-L] "Amplify your harmonica with your hi-fi system. Popular Mechanics, July 1971, page 115."

hi all,,,,seems to me if you have an  cassette recorder hooked up to the stereo you could monitor through the mic jack on that, and record when ready in analog,  if you dont have that then i would say a pre amp would be needed,,,just my thoughts ... joe g
--- On Tue, 10/13/09, Ken Hildebrand <airmojoken@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Ken Hildebrand <airmojoken@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] "Amplify your harmonica with your hi-fi system. Popular Mechanics, July 1971, page 115."
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx, "Daniel Perrone" <dany_perrone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2009, 5:57 PM

I was wondering about this the other day...

Is there a device or connector that you can use to plug a 1/4" mic cable with microphone into one's stereo amplifier to play harp through ?

Most modern day stereo amplifiers have 1/8" RCA plugs, so maybe there is some sort of adapter that can be used ?

That would be fun !

Ken H in OH