[Harp-L] harp set up

Robert Ross:
> I am interested in learning how to care for my harps better. I
>  wonder how many harp players repair, tune, or customize there own
>  harps? Or do you just throw them away and buy new ones?

  Imho, most good players repair and tune their harps. No, we don't throw them away after devoting
the time necessary to improve the playability of 20 (or more) reeds.
  Several members of this list have instructional materials that are very good in this respect.
I concur with the previous recommendation of Richard Sleigh's book, "Turbocharge Your Harmonica".
A fav. source of harp improvement is list member Rupert Oysler's DVD or CD-ROM called "Harmonica
Maintenance and Repair".  Altho i have not yet read it myself, listmember Winslow's book,
"Harmonica for Dummies" consistently receives rave reviews. I understand that it also contains
good info on this subject and more.
  Other list members, including the great harp tech, Joe Spiers, has a interesting 3 YouTube video
set on basic improvements. The internet has a ton of good info on how to improve your harps. All
of the above suggestions are just a 'net search away.  Here are some good sites that I have saved
for just such an occasion as this:

http://overblow.com/?menuid=135?
-?harp mods, great

?

http://www.harmonicasessions.com/apr04/h-workbench.html?
- gapping, curling

?

http://harmonicasessions.com/feb04/h-workbench.html?
--? tuning article, part 2

?

Fav. harp sites:

http://myquill.cc//
http://www.tenhole.com/
? G's Harp On
website - I don't have the main page but u can start here:
http://www.angelfire.com/music/harmonica/ampdmyrig.html
http://www.planetharmonica.com/contentsPH.htm
http://www.patmissin.com/index1.html
http://bluesharp.org/