[Harp-L] Fender Bassman 100

I've just learned about a Fender Bassman 100 combo with 15" JBL
speaker, available here in the Philippines for US$300.  Finding older
vintage tube amps is difficult here, so I'm thinking of taking a look
at it -- even tho it is not the holy grail 4x10 version.  Don't know
the year of this amp yet, but I have learned online that the 100 series
was available in the 1960's and 1970's.  Apparently the 15" speaker was
not so commonly matched with the Bassman head back then.

Can anyone offer any insight into this amp?  into the relative merits of a single 15" speaker compared to the 4x10 setup?

 Thomas "Tomcat Colvin

WEBSITE:  www.words-sounds-images.com
EMAIL:  phmx@xxxxxxxxx