Re: [Harp-L] Re: Short Review of King Kazoo

I went one better and downloaded the album. I really like it - British Acoustic Blues at its finest, with naughty bits if you attend to the lyrics: Hair parted in the middle indeed. Like the mix of pre WWII well known and obscure blues (or maybe you penned the obscure ones in the idiom) that sound both 'authentic' and 'your own'. Makes a change from 10,000 recycles of the post WWII electric blues. Kazoo on at least 3 tracks, not just the title track. But Steve, EVERYONE knows that the banjo is the most hated instrument, closely followed by the violin in the hands of the tone deaf and the stylophone. Kazoo, nowhere near the top.

The album also passed the Mrs test - not being fascinated by the harmonica she judges music by the overall musicality rather than the instrumental virtuosity involved. King Kazoo is a pass.

Our bass player is threatening to play kazoo on San Francisco Bay Blues, now maybe we'll let him, on condition he lets us add the odd bar/ 1/2 bar to the 12 bar whenever we feel like it.
Richard