[Harp-L] my earlier post and use of sign language to instill multiple bends

Someone pointed out to me that when I used solfege , the do re mi fa
so la ti do stuff to explain why C major and A minor are different, I
used the term me (pronounced meh) to represent the C note in
relationship to the tonic note A.  They said some people would not
understand that me is the note one half step lower than the mi note.
Since the mi note is the third note in the scale (Do re mi, 1 2 3)
then me is the flat 3rd note.
Hopefully that clears up that issue.

Along the same lines I was working with a choir the other day and they
had sign language symbols for all the do re mi sounds.  I spoke to the
director and he said the kinetic connection really improves relative
pitch.  I may experiment with that and get back to you guys.  Perhaps
we can create sign language for single, double and triple bends and
that would help our pitches?
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com