[Harp-L] Geof bartlet sharps and flats

-

When running up a major in C there are no sharps but the relationship from
one note to another is the same and it sounds right. ie Tone tone semi
tone.  Tone tone tone semi tone. No black keys all white ones  Basically every
space between keys is a semi tone  The black keys are shifted up on a key
board to make it easier to play If we were to put all the keys in a line and
they were all white or black or yellow and apply the same format the major
scales for each key will sound correct. Spend time memorising a key board
layoutI sometimes I have difficulty with my memory so I work out memory
patterns relative to things I understand
eg B&C are together and lay between sets of black keys Which ones? Well  B
is the second letter in the alphabet The next black keys are a group of
two. E&F are together the letter E has 3 horizontal bars The next black  keys
are in a group of 3. These memory flags will help you see in your  minds eye
where the other
keys fall.
Also substitute tones and semi tones for whole and half and remember We
went home when willie went home
Regards Baz