[Harp-L] Jam sessions in St Louis & KC? + RJ Mischo show in CO

Leaving Wed or Thurs from near Denver & driving to Memphis  for some
recording sessions w/Jay Gaunt.  Stopping on the way in  either St Louis or Kansas
City on Wed or Thurs night.  Exact return date  undetermined, but will be
passing through again on my way home on a different  night.  Anyone know much
about the blues scene in those  two cities?  In particular I'm looking for
jams but a good performance  would be ok too.  Things are covered in Memphis
so just need info on KC  & St Louie.

Last Sat. RJ Mischo was the headliner at Dan Treanor's annual blowdown at
Ziggies in Denver.  The rest of the very talented lineup featured  Ronnie
Shellist, AC Blue, Clay Kirkland & Dan.  Hadn't met RJ before,  he put on a
great show & was very personable and approachable,  cool dude!  I gotta' tell
you folks this one thing always kills me, it's AC  doing a whole set, or a
whole night, in any key that's called, on a single  10 hole diminished tuned
diatonic.  Just walks on stage with that one  harp in his shirt pocket,
rolls up his sleeves & goes to  work.  Doesn't sound forced or squeaky... it's
pretty  amazing.  Solid keyboard player too.  Pssst, Gindick, Ricci,  SPAH,
Barrett, Gussow... somebody needs to hire AC to  teach that stuff!

I write the Colorado Blues Jam Post, if you're ever in my neck of the woods
 I'll be pleased to return the above requested favor, including where to
find AC, Ronnie, Dan, Mojo Red, Al Chesis, Clay and any of the other great
players out here in CO.  Will fill you in on Jay's CD and the expected
special guest once the project is complete.  As always, my Harp Mic  Buyers Guide
is free for the asking.

Christopher Richards

Twin Tone Harmonica  Microphones
_http://home.comcast.net/~bluzeharp/site/_ (http://home.comcast.net/~bluzeharp/site/)