Re: [Harp-L] Villa-Lobos at Teatro Amazonas

Just so you know, when I amplify, I use a 16 channel Sennheisser wireless unit with a MKE 2 lapel mic. Easy to put receiver and mic in luggage.

So here is the Official Government statement on the Teatro Amazonas Opera House:
A ótima acústica do Teatro Amazonas. dispensa o uso de amplificadores para. espetáculos com instrumentos acústicos, corais,. cantos líricos e outros. ..

As you can see, they take pride in the acoustics and dispense with the need for amplification. But trust me, if I didn't feel I could carry the Orchestra, I would have gone to my wireless mic immediately. The most important thing for me is that the audience goes away happy and that they had a moving experience. If they can't hear me, that won't happen.

harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com