Re: [Harp-L] Villa-Lobos at Teatro Amazonas

Roger Gonzales and many others wrote:

Robert,
Why don't you choose to use some type of mic system? Even if just to help you a small
amount. There must be something that will allow you to concentrate on other aspect of the
concerto and not so much the volume of things.
Just curious. break a leg.

Classical music as an idiom takes pride in having players perform in a hall with good acoustics and no amplification. If the harmonica is capable of playing acoustically with volume and power, then it's sort of "step up to the plate." If we wish our instrument to complete with others, we have to prove that it is worthy.

I feel it's an honor to show other orchestral musicians just what the harmonica can do and if that makes for more work, well welcome to the world. Harmonica players have nothing to be embarrassed about when it comes to our chosen instrument.

harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio
http://www.robertbonfiglio.com