[Harp-L] Route 66 Harmonica Club December 2009 Meeting

 <http://r66hc.blogspot.com/2009/11/december-2009-meeting-and-jam.html>
December 2009, Meeting and Jam

The Route 66 Harmonica Club will hold its monthly meeting and jam December
7, 2009 at the Western Country Diner, 1905 S. Sheridan Road, Tulsa,
Oklahoma. The program will begin at 6:30 P.M. with a performance by Faith
Driven, a local Christian praise and worship band. Charter member Delbert
Bryant performs with this group. Faith Driven is the Sunday Morning praise
and worship band for Heritage United Methodist Church in Broken Arrow. After
their performance, club president Bill Kumpe will give a short educational
presentation on the topic "Preachin' the Blues, Gospel and Occult Themes and
Influences in Blues Music."

At approximately 7:30 P.M. the open mic jam will begin. This month's jam
theme is Christmas music, so be prepared to play or join in on your favorite
Christmas numbers. And, while Christmas music is the theme this month, as
always, blues, country, jazz and standards are always welcome.

We will raffle off a brand new, still in the blister pack Hohner Blues
Bender harmonica courtesy of Hohner U.S.A. Raffle tickets will be two
dollars apiece and you may purchase as many as you desire.   Please consider
purchasing dinner or dessert to thank our hosts, the Western Country Diner
for the use of the facilities. The WCD provides an interesting menu of diner
food and deserts. Also, we will pass the hat for our professional
accompanist and sound man, Robert "aka Bobby Greenshoes" Parker.

As always, guests and visitors are welcome and membership in the club is not
necessary to participate in the jam. We look forward to seeing you there.