[Harp-L] re: Lurking Day,Old cats and Womanly(family)support

AS i have been lurking here for the best part of three months may I say  I enjoy the advice and freindly banter used on this site.I started playing the harp due to it's portability and hide-ability so mom and later wives could not protest the fact I would run off become a hippy or dope feind and ruin my life.Due to a lead guitarist"s comment that I was "just" a harp player and wasn't qualified to disscus music theory I picked up the guitar and mandolin after 30 yr's of neglect.(he promptly blew my old fender tube amp in revenge and i quit the band) I am an old gulf cat now playing texas music w/ guitar and neck rack harp and doing the blues w/ Tootie Brown down on the gulf coast of texas, a woodstock and veitnam survivor, got my first lesson on harp at a frat party from Maj.Dick in 68
4 mo. after the mud bog boogie in upstate N.Y. It seems that the one thing
the well meaning woman in my life could not take away from me was that old marine band and believe me the last two wives got alot!!One little thing before I go---- in 69 or 70 The Capt. of bovine organs did a radio interveiw at wbcn in boston he and the dj told the audiance to turn up the volume if they had the (NEW THEN) sterio recievers, he then blew the loudest overbend in D i think,and blew amps and speakers all over southern mass.I was back east in 2001 and it was mentioned over the same station that they still get letters from people wanting a replacement unit from what the Capt. blew up.Lurking ;Not Shirking, The Gulf Cat