[Harp-L] Altered diatonic tunings

Hey Joe-

Just read Dave Payne's tribute to your harmonica tuning-so you're blushing,
right?

Wanted to share with you a similar tuning I am starting to use, if for no
other reason than to drop you a line--Happy Thanksgiving.

This tuning is derived from a major cross, so it has the raised 5 and 9
draw.

But it also has a Bb on blow 7, like the bebop tuning I use on chrom.

Similarly, all blow notes are lower than draw notes, and so can be draw
bent.

I put a valve on the 7 blow slot so I can draw bend the B, and one on the 5
draw so I can get the Eb without an overblow (but still can get the Eb on
hole 4 with the OB).

Here it is:

Bebop Major Cross in G

degrees of the scale

5

b7

2

4

6

8

b3

4

6

8

6

8

3

5

7

2

3

5

7

2

tuning

Bb

F#

F#

So the instrument is pretty chromatic, but still has the cool chords-

Dm7, Fmaj7, Am7, C7, Gmaj7, Em7, D7-and an E dim triad.

And two complete octaves of G major scale!

I posted to Slidemeister about it-here's the link.

http://www.slidemeister.com/forums/diatonic-discussion/oh-lordy-another-tuni
ng-2519.0.html

Check the audio sample!

Yours truly,