[Harp-L] Harmonetta tutor -instruction booklet

If you are interested in checking out the Harmonetta without holding one in
your hand and playing, check out the booklet Hohner published that you can
purchase for a modest price.

If any of you are interested in purchasing The Hohner Harmonetta Tutor by
Helmuth Herold and Armin Fett (MH 170014) it is available new from Music
44.com for $8.88 and   postage brings total to $13, shipped from Music44 in
Indianapolis, IN.

There is no date of publication or copyright on the 16-page letter size
booklet printed on a good quality paper in Germany by Hohner.

The booklet explains how to play chords and single notes over the nearly
three-octave range of the instrument. The notes range from C below Middle C to
almost two octaves above, stopping at the B.
It also has some music notation and diagrams on how to play various chord
combinations.

It's easy to play a major or minor triad with one finger pressing the
corners of three keys down. To play a four-note chord, just add the extra note.

Playing octaves is a matter of shifting left or right on the mouthpiece
with the mouth open wide enough to catch both notes.

While a diagram of the fingerboard is readily available on the Internet,
just looking at the keyboard without any explanation does not tell the story.

For all you harmonica fans who want your harmonicas the next day, keep in
mind that I placed my order on Sept. 4 and received it Friday, Nov. 27. I'm
not complaining, the firm notified me shortly after placing the order that it
was on backorder and that it would take some time. But it was worth the
wait. I found it very informative and that it answered all my questions. No, I
don't own one. Yet.

Hope this helps
Phil Lloyd