[Harp-L] Dance Currents with Richard Hunter video on Youtube

Hi all,

I uploaded a new video to Youtube of the performance I did with Dance Currents, a Boston-based dance group led by choreographer Kathy Hassinger, in March 2009.  The piece is titled "The Songbird and Soldiers," and it consists of three dances set to 3 of my solo harmonica pieces. This was a fun gig.  It was thrilling to see a musical gesture echoed in the movements of the dancers, just like hearing someone throw a lick back at you in a jam session. And of course, it was thrilling to see pieces that I wrote in the 1970s and 1990s performed by dancers.

Also, an amendment to my previous announcement regarding the Youtube video of a live concert performances by me, filmed at the Agassiz Theatre in CaImbridge, MA in June 2009.  The version I posted did NOT include the duet with drummer Akira Tana on "Comin Home Baby."  The piece is copyrighted material, and I don't have either the publisher's or Akira's permission to post the performance.  So I cut it back to the solo performance of my piece "New County Stomp."  Still worth a look.

You can find both videos at:
http://www.youtube.com/user/lightninrick

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter