RE: [Harp-L] Captain Beefheart

I think he is great.  Sure his 'technique' is nothing special, but there is no mistaking his playing once you hear it. It is very stilted and at times almost atonal, but this quirkiness is part of the aesthetic of his songwriting and singing. In other words I think he has taken his playing in a direction that fits his music, and I for one enjoy that music. Of course Treat Her Right recorded his song "Hit A Man" on our second album, and I still perform that song regularly so I am probably a little prejudiced.
JIM