[Harp-L] Suzuki Manji

Hi,
      I have used Hohners for about thirty years.  A Japanese friend, (I live in Tokyo), advised me to try Suzukis.  So I
bought a Firebreath; played it; then I bought ten or so more.
      I then saw the Manji and bought it without even trying it---a C.  I bought ten more.
      Last week I bought a couple Hammonds---and of course, just ordered all the keys, including some sharps.
      I still play Hohner (G.M., Blues Harp, Pro, and even a JJ Miteau (which I don't much like).  Too slow.  The Manji is fast and bright, clear and one of the easiest harps to play I have come across.  Not that much like a Hohner.  Suzuki makes the best harmonicas I have ever played.  They are, like most things made in Japan, very high quality, superbly made and I believe the reeds are laser cut and use a tungsten alloy, though I may be wrong.  I have a set of Special 20s, which play well, but for sheer tone and quality, there is nothing better than a Suzuki.

Best,

Jeff Jones