Re: [Harp-L] Suzuki MANJI

Hi

Am Mittwoch, 25. November 2009 schrieb jeremyhsnell@xxxxxxx:
> OK - what's the scoop? Anybody have the lowdown on it's performance
>  -  firsthand? _______________________________________________

I have one for a few weeks now. It's a great harp. tight, very
responsive, loud, realy fun to play. I havn't really written about it
yet, because i wanted to give it a fair chance - i'm very fixed on
Marine Band harmonicas and so is my playing style, so a quick review
right after i got it woudn't have been quite as enthusiastic as i'm
not about the Manji.

So to make it quick and easy: The Manji plays IMHO very, very similar
to Seydel's 1847. Not even a bit of that unpleasant pressure i
disliked on nearly all other Suzuki models.
I always liked the 1847 for it's playability, but i hate it's cover
plates. They're to high, to big, to everything. The Manji though it's
bigger than a Marine Band has very MB like cover plates.
The new comb is fine once you're used to it, even though i prefer the
new Hohner Crossover comb even more.

So obviously the Manji was designed as a Marine Band clone - well it
does NOT play like one. On a MB you have a very specific kind of
response from the reeds - you play it and you feel what the harp does.
You don't have that one 1847 or Manji, and after getting used to it i
don't even really miss it.

For me the Manji is the first real alternative to my Marine Band
harmonicas. It's not better, not worse just a little different, but
great.
Try it.

--
Gruß,Frank