[Harp-L] RE: Just Have Fun With It

Daniel Perrone said: "We need to distinguish between pros and amateurs"

Absolutely.  I approach the law just as intensely if not more so than the
professional musicians on this list.  Like Mr. Perrone, I deal with human
suffering and conflict and there is no room for amateurs, do it yourselfer's
or mail order experts in my profession.  But, while I have nothing but
respect for professional musicians, music is not life or death.  A bad
performance will certainly disappoint some people and maybe even ruin a
player's reputation but nobody is going to die or go to jail or lose their
assets.  We amateurs do no harm with our hobby approach and actually do a
lot of good for ourselves, the people we play with and the harp community at
large.  If there weren't tens of thousands of we amateurs out there buying
harps to play a few hours per week for fun a Marine Band would cost a
thousand dollars.

Bill Kumpe
Route 66 Harmonica Club
Tulsa, Oklahoma