[Harp-L] RE: Just Have Fun With It

  Wow, isn't this thread FUN, lol.
I think we need to make a distinction between the pro player for whom music is work and a way to make a living and the amateur who does it a hobby.
 I, for example, am a Registered Nurse. I LOVE what I do. I have been told hundreds of times by patients and management that I make a really good nurse. I don't see myself doing anything else. And while my job is rewarding and fulfilling it is one of the most stressful jobs you can do. Dealing with disease, incredible suffering and death on a daily basis takes a big toll on you. Just last week a patient died literally in my arms as I was holding her up while she was sitting at the side of the bed. When the hospital informed the family the first question the family had was " Did she died alone?". They were told " no, she had a nurse at her side while she passed", and this brought some confort to the family So while nursing can be fun at times, for the most part is not, but I love it.
 That's way when I get home, after a long 12 hour shift at the hospital I wan to pick up my harmonica and have FUN and recreate myself. I have many harmonica books, and I don't minding delving into theory and stuff, but in my case, it has to be fun, all the time, I can't afford otherwise.