RE: [Harp-L] What makes a good player?

 Great thoughts in all directions on this topic. I think Scott summed it up quite well. I've met booksmart musicians that could'nt come up with an original idea to save there lives and musicians with less knowledge, tricks, chops etc, that have great sense and creativity. No doubt that a person will benefit from learning all they can but at the end of the day good music moves a person not musical gymnastics.

                       Paul H.