[Harp-L] Venue thieves...

It is a sad fact of life that bad business behavior forces out honest
workers.  Workers who are not willing to cooperate in a dishonest scheme are
often falsely accused or simply summarily dismissed.  When theft is as
pervasive as described here, management may already know about it.  I know
nothing about Philippine tax laws, but if this were in the states and that
much revenue was going missing, I would suggest that owner darn well knows
what is going on and is keeping a second set of books that the local tax
folks and the IRS never see.

Here in the states, the surest way to end your career is to become a
whistleblower.  In the legal profession, I frequently advise clients caught
in such a situation to not expect much help if they blow the whistle because
the story that will surface about their behavior, whether true or not, will
certainly be designed to make the employer look innocent and the former
employee look guilty.   Having said that, an amazing number of courageous
men and women go ahead and do the right thing knowing that they are
sacrificing their own careers and reputations for the public good.

In this case, since no harm is being done to the public, I would suggest you
just find yourself another place to play and let these folks simmer in their
own juice.  Time heals all wound and wounds all heels.

Bill Kumpe
Attorney at Law
Tulsa, OK