[Harp-L] harmonica music theory

So far, just painfully picking out the notes of the harmonica on the piano
doing a vanilla Chicago blues riff : D harp in 2nd position I do a triplet
lead in: E F# and A, then the main riff over the A chord  in swing eigths
starts with a D octave. I would never ordinarily play a D note over an A
chord  but on the harp it sounds cool. Then I play an A chord (this
inversion E, A, C#)an F# a G, an E, a G and an A. Then a little G, D octave,
A chord, before starting the riff again with a little variation.  The second
A chord I do the same thing, except I go from F# to G to A. Then I repeat. I
expected a flatted third in the riff, and have no idea why the 6th features
so prominently. No idea why the fourth is there at all.

On the D chord: I am apparently playing an F# which makes sense, an E which
doesn't , do that 3x then a G, F#, E, ,A, , then the second time I play the
F# E riff twice, then the lead in the lead in E F# A and then start the the
A riff again. No idea why I would play a G, or an E over a D chord.

I figured out the rest of the chord progressions, but forgot them. Next
weekend, when I have access to my keyboard, I'll update you on the notes.

Played on the harp this sounds simple and bluesy. On the piano, this sounds
jazzy. Not to mention the jump from the G to the D octave to the A chord as
a quarter note triplet is almost impossible if I'm going to keep a steady
left hand.

It is entirely possible that I screwed up part of the transcription.

--
Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1372404/dhoozh_chapter_1.html